Top 10 Best Indian Food in West Delhi
Indian food is the soul of the culture of India. It is a mind-blowing blend of herbs, spices, condiments, and whatnot! Indian cuisine is making its mark across the globe with its comforting and scrumptious dishes.
Indian cuisine has the highest extent of variety. What makes it different from other cuisines is the availability of a plethora of vegetarian dishes. No other cuisine has so many vegetarian dishes to its credit, the way Indian cuisine has. Desi food has a different charm to it. It exudes aroma, flavor, and comfort. A simple bowl of Dal-chawal can bowl you over with comfort and euphoria.
Each state of India has its unique cuisine. How fantastic is that! India is home to more than 30 states. Can you imagine the number of dishes Indian cuisine has! NO. It sure is a tempting idea to try all of these dishes.
Indian food can turn anyone into a foodie. It is spicy, flavorful, inviting, and scrumptious! The street food of India has a completely different fan base. For starters, it is super affordable, craving-buster, and extremely flavorful. Street food lovers cannot imagine not eating the flavourful bombs Dahi golgappe are, the tasty and tangy Pani puri, and the piping hot kachoris.
For all the foodies out there, we have compiled a list of the best food in West Delhi! West Delhi is famous for its old charm and narrow lanes. It is also popular for some of the best food joints.
West Delhi is a paradise for foodies. Delhi is not only the city of people with big hearts but also of people with big appetites! The love affair between Delhi people and food is famous for a reason. West Delhi has multi-cuisine restaurants. Here, you can find anything from the best Dim sums to the best Chhole bhature. It is the food hub for everyone who lives to eat. Get ready to dive into the wonderland of food:
1. Momos: If you have visited Delhi and not eaten momos, then you are living life the wrong way, My friend. Momos are a must-try if you are in Delhi. These little piping hot, flavorful pockets will instantly make you fall in love.
There are many varieties of momos. They come in all shapes and sizes. You can try chicken momos, veg momos, schezwan momos and even chocolate momos! You can choose whatever filling you like. A lot of food joints in west Delhi sell momos.
Do not miss them when you are touring west Delhi. Some of the best momo places in West Delhi are Momo nation cafe, Kuch bhi chalega, Momos Express. Make sure to visit them.
2. Chhole Bhature: Chhole bhature is the ultimate Punjabi delicacy that needs to be eaten as frequently as one can. What’s not good about a hot and tempting plate of Chhole and soft and fluffy bhature?
It is paradise on Earth. You cannot afford to miss Chhole bhature when you visit West Delhi. It is the experience of a lifetime. Have the best Chhole bhature at Prem Di Hatti, Pal Ji corner, Rama Chhole Bhature, and Chander di hatti.
3. Paranthas: Parathas are a staple in all Punjabi households. They are super versatile. They can be eaten as breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They are healthy and extremely delicious. Paranthas topped with dollops of Ghee are a match made in heaven. You just cannot have enough of them when in Delhi. You will find them in every nook and corner of the city.
Have delicious paranthas at Moolchand Parantha, Punjabi angithi, and The munchbox.
4. Chaat: The queen of all street foods. There are numerous varieties of chaat. There is aaloo chaat, bucket chaat, kachori chaat, puri chaat, and whatnot! Chaat is a very simple preparation of dry, flaky ingredients topped with curd, tamarind chutney, mint chutney, and spices. What’s not to like? The sweet, tangy, and spicy flavors will send you tumbling down the valley of love and ecstasy.
Have flavorful chaat at Jhakkas pav bhaji, Bite Bikaner, and New Gopal Ji poori wale.
5. Daulat ki chaat: This variety of chaat is specific to only Delhi. This is your cue to try this decadent delicacy. It is a magical concoction of cream and milk. To add to its richness, it is topped with Kesar (Saffron), Khoya, and nuts. It is the closest you will ever come to feasting on a cloud.
It is a winter delicacy and you cannot leave Delhi without eating this rich, creamy, and decadent dessert. Have the best Daulat ki chaat at Khemchand Daulat ki chaat.
6. Butter Chicken: For all the chicken lovers out there, Delhi is the best place to have authentic butter chicken in the whole of India. Its sweet and tangy flavor makes it an instant hit along with its rich and creamy gravy, topped with generous amounts of butter. Chef’s kiss. Have creamy butter chicken at Mughal Darbar, Royal Punjab, and Moti Mahal deluxe.
7. Kebabs: West Delhi is very popular for its authentic restaurants serving a variety of kebabs. Seekh kebabs, Galauti kebabs are some of the most-loved options. Consider having hot kebabs with rumali roti on a frosty winter evening. Instant Foodgasm is guaranteed. Have scrumptious kebabs at National highway 44, Masabaa, and The Royal turban.
8. Biryani: The delicacy of the Mughal emperors. Biryani has stood the test of time and is still extremely popular among everyone. Biryani is poultry or meat-based dish that is prepared using aromatic long-lengthed rice. Frosty winters of Delhi call for a piping hot pot of biryani and cool and tangy boondi raita. Have flavorful Biryani at Biryani blues, Faasos, and Behrouz Biryani.
9. Rolls: Rolls are a complete package on their own, literally. Delhi offers a lot of variants of this delicacy. Kathi rolls still remain the most loved. Rolls are easy to eat, filling, and the least messy. They are the most practical food options for people who are always on the go. Have new varieties of rolls at Rolls point, Taste drive, and 34, Choweinghee lane.
10. Mohabbat ka Sharbat: What an interesting name! Mohabbat ka sharbat is one of those delicacies that are Delhi-specific. It is a delicious concoction containing watermelon, Rose syrup, milk, ice cubes, and sugar. The presence of watermelon and rose syrup gives it a beautiful pink appearance. Beat the Delhi heat with this magical and refreshing concoction. You’ll find this drink in every nook and corner of the city.
We are pretty sure that you are drooling after reading this awesome article about the Best food in West Delhi. This article is your cue to go and have some delicious food and live your life to the fullest.