Top 6 Health Benefits of Lemon
Lemon contains plenty of vitamin C, small amounts of some B vitamins and E. It also contains substantial quantities of magnesium, potassium, calcium and phosphorus, copper, zinc, iron and manganese. Vitamin C from lemon can be consumed easily from squeezing sour lemon on food.
Lemon activates the immune system, is beneficial to the lining of the digestive tract and stomach, stimulates the pancreas and liver and relieves rheumatism and arthritis. Note: Lime juice can be used as substitute for lemon juice for its medicinal properties.
Health Benefits of Lemon – Here are 6 evidence-based health benefits of lemons.
|1||Chilblain||Rub a slice of lemon dipped in coarse sea salt on unbroken affected skin.|
|2||Cold sore, shingle||Apply directly lemon juice to unbroken skin.|
|3||Cough, cold||Take 1 teaspoon honey with hot lemon at bed-time.|
|4||Itch||Rub fresh lemon juice on the itching area.|
|5||Refresh body||Mix lime in the bath to invigorate the weak body and lightens headaches.|
|6||Toxin||Squeeze some lemon juice into warm water and drink it to help cleanse the body of toxins.|
You may also read:
- The Health Benefits of Eating Cacao
- Lavender – Its Types and Medicinal Properties
- 4 Most Powerful Medicinal Properties of Coffee
- How to Use Black Pepper – An Overview
- Top Water Benefits You Need To Know
- Honey for Cough, Fatigue and Stress – Does it Work?
- Almonds and Their Benefits – A Brief Guide
- The Benefits of Herbs and Spices
- 10 Tips For Purchasing and Storing Whole-Grain Foods
- How To Adjust Yeast Bread Recipes for High Altitude