If you’re looking to elevate your pasta game, why not try your hand at making homemade pasta with a delectable ‘Nduja and Tropea Onion sauce? This recipe combines the rich and spicy flavor of ‘Nduja, a spreadable cured pork salumi, with the sweet and mild taste of Tropea onions, creating a symphony of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds.
With a surprisingly quick cook time, this dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special weekend treat.
For the Pasta:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- A pinch of salt
For ‘Nduja and Tropea Onion Sauce:
- 3 tbsp ‘nduja
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tropea onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Making the Pasta:
1. Create a mound with the all-purpose flour on a clean surface, forming a well in the center.
2. Crack the eggs into the well, add a pinch of salt, and whisk the eggs with a fork while gradually incorporating the flour from the sides.
3. Stir until a dough forms, then knead the dough for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough and cut it into your preferred pasta shape.
Making the ‘Nduja and Tropea Onion Sauce:
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Add minced garlic and sliced Tropea onions, sautéing until the onions are tender and transparent.
3. Break up the ‘nduja with a spoon, cooking until it integrates completely into the sauce.
4. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Assembling the Pasta:
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
2. Cook the handmade pasta until al dente.
3. Drain the pasta, reserving a cup of the boiling water.
4. Add the cooked pasta to the ‘Nduja and Tropea onion sauce.
5. Toss everything together, adding a bit of the reserved pasta water as needed to create a silky sauce that clings to the noodles.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 443
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 23g
- Sodium: 421g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 15g
Serve and Enjoy:
Plate your homemade pasta with ‘Nduja and Tropea Onions, savoring the perfect combination of spicy and sweet flavors in each bite. Whether you’re a pasta enthusiast or a culinary adventurer, this dish is sure to impress and satisfy.
Good appetite!You may also like:
- Zucchini Noodles with Spinach Pesto – A Heart-Healthy Twist
- Fruit Steel-Cut Oats – A Nutritious and Delicious Breakfast
- Rice & Mango Breakfast – A Quick and Nutritious Start to Your Day
- Heart-Healthy Tuna Salad Delight
- Elegant Tea Party Peach Melba Cakes – A Delightful Indulgence
- Biscuits with Bacon Gravy – A Comforting Delight
- Oatmeal Nuggets – A Bite-sized Delight for Any Occasion
- Nutty Waffles – A Crunchy Twist to Breakfast
- Fresh and Flavorful Tossed Corn Salad
- How To Prepare Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Bread